Myotha Industrial Park City (MIPC) is a large scale mixed-used industrial development project. It is Joint – Development between Mandalay Region Government(MRG), the land owner, and Mandalay Myotha Industrial Development Public company(MMID PCL) , the master developer, have an agreement to invest and develop the Myotha Industrial Park City. It locates in Mandalay region, 58km from Mandalay city, 35km from airport, total area 4,400 ha ( 11,403Acre ) with population forecast 250,000, and projection of jobs created are 202,000 – 337,000. MIPC has 5 target industries:
- Infrastructure industry: ware house and logistic, trading, infrastructure
- Labor intensive industry: Food processing, wood processing, textile, construction material, home appliance
- Capital intensive industry: Transportation equipment, pharmaceutical, renewable energy, IT electronic, machinery.
- Consumer service: Housing, retail, medical, art, recreation, hotel
- Producer service: Finance, Insurance, banking, exhibition, technical
MIPC develops not only industrial but also residential, commercial, civic, recreation, it is a whole new business town in middle-upper Myanmar.